Our room was very comfortable and spacious with beautiful view across the valley to the Cathedral Range beyond. We were given a very warm welcome and loved getting to know the four-legged members of the farm. There is plenty to explore in the region – hiking, wineries, four-wheel driving, great food, markets and much more. We look forward to returning. Faye, November 2015.
Things to do at Drom Aluinn
Relaxing at Drom Aluinn is easy!
- Enjoy the fresh country air as you stroll through our beautiful vegetable garden and around the farm
- Relax while reading a good book by the fire in Winter or enjoy a nice glass of wine on the deck
- Say hello to our animals
- Enjoy complimentary coffee and tea throughout the day and a beautiful hand made breakfast
Acheron, Alexandra and surrounds
Drom Aluinn is conveniently located in the Goulburn Valley with many amenities and activities a short drive away.
Drom Aluinn is located in Acheron, Victoria. Rennies Art Gallery t is a must for anyone interested in modern art. Acheron Rvier is worth the visit and good for bait fishing.
The town of Alexandra is a 10 minute drive from Drom Aluinn. It is the main shopping area for the surrounding communities including Taggerty, Acheron, Thornton, Buxton, and Eildon.
Taggerty and Cathedral Ranges
Drom Aluinn is located a short drive from Taggerty. In Taggerty, the nearest attraction is the Cathedral Range State Park which is very popular with bush walkers, and is only a 20 minute drive from Drom Aluinn.
The town of Marysville
Marysville is a picturesque 20 minute drive from Drom Aluinn. The Village charm and natural beauty of Marysville have drawn visitors to the area for over 100 years. Steavenson Falls, one of Victoria’s highest waterfalls, is a five minute drive from the centre of town, and is definitely worth the visit.
Lake Mountain is a 45 minute drive from Drom Aluinn. In winter, Lake mountain is Melbourne’s closest cross country ski resort. The snow making facilities ensure that the family can have a fun time tobogganing even when there hasn’t been a fresh dusting of snow on the ski runs.
Lake Eildon, is just a 20 minute drive from Drom Aluinn. The lake is surrounded by National Park, and has a number walking trails where you can take in the views of water, rolling hills, and native wildlife.
Healesville and the Yarra Valley
Healesville is beautiful a 40 minute drive from Drom Aluinn through the magnificent tall trees on the breathtaking Black Spur. Close to Healesville is the famous wine growing region of the Yarra Valley.
Upcoming events and things to do
Below are some ideas of what guests can enjoy:
- Cycle or horseride along one of the popular road bike loops or the Great Victorian Rail Trail and Rubicon Valley Horse Riding
- Mountain bike at the Buxton Mountain Bike Park
- Bushwalk in the Cathedral Range State Park
- Go fishing in Lake Eildon or along the Goulburn River
- Ski, bushwalk or biking at Lake Mountain
- Shop for local produce at the Alexandra, Yea or Yarck Markets
- Train ride at the Alexandra Timber Tramway Museum
- Visit the many wineries in the area; Sedona Estate, Little River Wines, Buxton Ridge, Snobs Creek Estate, Cathedral Lane, Scrubby Creek Wines and Henke Wines or head to the Yarra Valley
For an up-to-date list of things to do in Acheron, Alexandra and surrounds, please visit the Murrindindi Shire Council website.